Monday, November 16, 2009

Hope in the lament

Lamentations. I suppose the title gives it away really - there's not much optimism in there.

However, I like the first half of chapter 3, and can relate to the man of verse 1. He catalogues all the horrors that have happened to Jerusalem, and then in verses 21 - 24 stands on the hope there is in God's faithfullness.

That's where I am. I have witnessed, and continue to witness, the despair and depravation in Kibera, YET I'm standing in faith expecting that God will show mercy and bring healing and hope to the people of this place.

And I'm not standing alone. We now have a small group of pastors joining us today for the first time, all desiring to see God move in power here in Kibera. Today I've got man flu, so I haven't been able to physically join with them, but I'm there in spirit, and it's exciting to know that others are catching the vision.

Next week we will be joining hands together as we continue to break down the strongholds of Satan in Kibera.

I'm glad I'm on the side that's already won!

No comments:

Post a Comment