Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Clean hands

So, we went through the teaching on the 'Healing on the Streets' prayer ministry model. Some laughs, which always helps, but the guys seem to have grasped some of the main differences between this method and how they usually do prayer ministry - lots of volume and lots of preaching.

We had a practice on one person which went well - no amazing healing to report, but it was great to see they'd taken the teaching on board. They struggled a bit to keep their eyes open when praying, but even I find it a bit unnatural to talk to God whilst looking at others.

All in all a very positive time, and the preparations continue. Banner should be ready in the next few days, stuff to give to people we've prayed for has been identified and is readily available, and we've got another teaching / practice session lined up for next Monday.

After that it's the real thing. Exciting, and I think I've made up my mind that I will be involved, rather than just supporting from the sidelines. I guess that means I'll be getting my hands clean?

No comments:

Post a Comment