Monday, September 14, 2009

Come, Lord Jesus

The bible ends with this plea. It qas also the cry of the early church, longing for Jesus to come. How many of us have lost that longing?

Through this fast I am trying to plead with God to 'come to Kibera'. To bring His justice to Kibera. To bring healing and wholeness to the people who live there. People looked down upon or ignored by so many, yet precious to God.

If I believe Jeremiah 29:11 for these people, and I care about these people, my natural response must be to plead with God to 'come into Kibera'.

But I need to put down my expectations on the manner of God's coming. If He chooses to come with healing, that's His choice. If not, and He comes in another way, that's His right.

It is not for me to dictate to God how he answers my plea. It is for me to make my plea, and continue to make it until it is heard and answered.

Like the persistent widow in Luke 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment