Monday, June 21, 2010

Healing for anyone

I found myself questioning today whether someone deserved to be healed.

Two ladies were walking past and stopped, and started talking. One of the ladies sat down, and as the conversation progressed, and she started talking about herself, I started judging her. I'm not proud of it, just owning up to it.

What followed, once we began praying for her, was the most obvious experience of the Holy Spirit working on someone right there in front of us that we have seen. She began to sob, then cry out to Jesus. Her crying was almost violent - her whole body was shaking as the sobbing racked her body. Eunice said afterwards that she could feel the Holy Spirit powerfully moving, and that He was causing her to shake too.

It reminded me of the Samaritan woman at the well, and the impact that her meeting with Jesus had on her. We could see and hear this lady meeting Jesus, and we pray that the impact will last.

Apart from that lady, we had the usual range of illnesses and needs to pray for. We were summoned by one person to go to somebody's house who was unable to walk to see us. And we had more reports of healings from previous weeks, and one man who came back for more prayer after an improvement in his condition, but not complete healing.

So today was a reminder for me that God's love is for everyone, that none of us deserve it, and that it is there for us no matter how we live and what choices we make. And sometimes it's easy to judge someone according to my own standards, but unless I have lived their life, I don't really have any right to do that.

Plus it's not my job to judge anyway. It's my job to minister God's grace. And that's for anyone and everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment